Monday, May 2, 2011

Kink Meme, Day 11

"What are your views on the ethics of kink?"

I think kink, in general, should be seen as a healthy addition to any relationship, as long as it is within RACK philosophy.
RACK, in case you don't know, stands for "Risk Accepted Consensual Kink." It's a bit different from SSC, which stands for "Safe, Sane, and Consensual." A lot of people who hold by SSC tend more to think that every alternative form of sex that isn't safe, or doesn't seem to be "sane," is a form of coercion and/or abuse. People who hold by RACK are more inclined to acknowledge that there are many forms of kink that are risky to one extent or another, but as long as that risk is accepted by all consenting adults, it's okay.

Does this mean I'm free of judgements? Hell no. I'm a human being, of course I judge. I think the idea of a person shitting or peeing on another person is disgusting. I think forcing-feeding people foul, non-edible items is also disgusting. I think needle play scares the crap out of me; the very idea makes me nauseated. But I'm not going to tell anyone who's into these things that they're sick, or insane, or anything like that.

My being bothered does not have to become their problem. I wouldn't want someone giving me a hard time because of my kink (except my husband; he gives me a hard time, and loves it, too). I'm not going to give anyone else a hard time. I can judge without imposing my judgement onto others, and I expect them to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment