Monday, June 6, 2011

Kink Meme, Day 29

"Do you have a BDSM title (e.g. mistress, slut, sir)? What is your opinion of the use of titles in general?"

I don't have a title beyond Wife. But Wife in my household encompasses many things, including (but not limited to) professional organizer, secretary, butler, teacher, animal trainer, cook (but not a good cook) and a little too often, maid. I am a great mom, but I could never be a dad; which is fine, because Husband is a great dad (but he could never, in a million years, be a mom).
I am submissive to Husband, but that doesn't mean I don't let my opinions be known loud and clear, especially when it comes to the kids and the running of the household. I would say a vast majority of the time, once I state how I want things to go within the home, the reply I will get is "yes, Wife." Because Husband knows I do my job well, and bows to my better judgement.
This only applies to the running of the household and general daily dealings with the kids, of course. When it comes to "dad" stuff, I leave it up to him. And he has veto power over everything, because let's face it, sometimes he can see things with his clear eyes that I simply can't and he can stop me from making a muck of things before it's too late. But he steps in only when he thinks he has to.
Frankly, it's quite humiliating for me when he has to "help" me do my job of running the house and dealing with the kids. The other week, I had to have him call a teacher and have a talk about one of our kids. I had to ask him to do it because this teacher was obviously not taking my concerns seriously, poo-pooh'ing everything I was saying, and I was left with the distinct impression he was patronizing me because I am a woman. I was right; once Husband called him, the teacher did an about face and suddenly took my original issues very, very seriously.
I knew it wasn't my fault I had to ask for help, this teacher is obviously a sexist individual who couldn't see me as anything but a hysterical mom. But still, I felt like there should have been a way for me to force him to take me seriously, to get him to see me as his equal. But I didn't know how to do that, so I had to ask Husband to step in. In cases like these, I feel like I failed somehow to do my job.
But I know everyone feels like that about their jobs now and then. The job of being Wife and mom is no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment