Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Back

Did you miss me? :)

We went for vacation to La Jolla, California. It was AMAZING. I am actually rather sad to be home, but life must resume.
I didn't do that much shopping while I was there (I'm not a big fan of shopping, which pleases Husband greatly) but I did pick up a few souvenirs. On one early expedition to Seaport Village, while the kids and I were in a different part of one particular nick-nack store, Husband snuck away and bought me this:
I love it. He knew I would. He got a kick out of it, too.
What else did I do besides shop, you may ask?
Well, I enjoyed the view from our little patio.

I lounged at the pool.
I relaxed at the hot tub.
I bummed at the beach.
I basically just soaked in the views and had a really good time.


If you're ever going to plan a visit to La Jolla, CA I recommend staying at The La Jolla Shores Hotel. The service is amazing, and the location can't be beat. Just check the prices on sites like Expedia before calling them to make a reservation, because the price they quote you over the phone is ridiculous, but if you find a cheaper rate for one of their rooms on Expedia, they will match the price but you can still make the reservation directly through them (which I think is always safer).
The one draw back to the hotel were all the seagulls. The hotel is situated on the beach, so the hotel had some nesting seagulls on their roofs. The babies got really loud around five o'clock in the morning, looking for their breakfasts. But they were cute, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment