Thursday, June 7, 2012

That Wheezing Sound You Hear? It's ME, HYPERVENTILATING

Remember a couple posts ago, how I mentioned Husband and I have rules about the bathroom? Specifically, me not taking over it? Well, one of the ways I tend to spread my territorial claim is by unplugging Husband's shaver. See, we only have one outlet in our bathroom, and I can't plug in my hairdryer if his shaver is plugged in. The two won't fit side by side. So I unplug his stuff to plug in mine. 
And then I forget to plug his shaver back in.
His shaver is the kind that has to charge to work. You can't just leave it plugged in as you're shaving. It's like an electric toothbrush.

Husband has reminded me OVER AND OVER AGAIN to plug his shaver back in after I'm done drying my hair. It was one of things he punished me for last week!
The thing was, I knew last week the punishment felt too light. I mean, yeah, it hurt as it was happening, and I was not happy about it...but once it was over and done, I was like, that was it? Mmm, that wasn't so bad.
And then Husband asked me straight out Did you learn your lesson? And I gave him a snippy answer. Ladies and gentleman, in this house, if I can still get snippy after a punishment, the punishment was not good enough.
Things you learn about yourself through the years.

So guess what happened this morning? I'll give you three guesses.
Husband woke up, got dressed for a meeting, went into the bathroom to shave, and...couldn't. No power.
I FORGOT TO PLUG IT BACK IN. AGAIN.

He's so pissed at me now. So pissed. He brought me upstairs without even talking to me, pointed to the shaver, gave that look, and walked away.
I offered to run to the store and buy him another shaver right then. I offered him one of my razors, the kind I use on my legs. I apologized a thousand times.
He would not talk to me, except to tell me he can go to the store himself and pick his own fucking razor on his way to work.
Also, that I should be afraid.

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

I am ready to pull my hair out. I am so pissed at myself, and guilty, and ashamed, and AFRAID. I know he has every right to be mad at me. I deserve to be punished.
But guys? THIS IS GOING TO BE BAD.
I KEEP PUTTING EVERYTHING IN CAPSLOCK BECAUSE I AM SCREAMING IN MY HEAD.

I was hoping just writing this post might calm me down some. Clearly it is not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment