Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A PSA of Sorts

I am a very nice person. I am kind, welcoming, sympathetic, and a good listener. I am a giver. I contribute as much as I can to charity. I only talk about what I know. I never act talk like an expert about things I know nothing about. I never make assumptions. I don't spread drama. I never lie, or cheat, or act the hypocrite. And when I mess up, I always admit it, and apologize.

And if you accepted any of what I just told you simply because I stated it as fact, you're an idiot.

I'm sorry, but that's the truth. There are some really creepy, disgusting, sociopathic sons of bitches in the world. And yeah, some of them do come right out and tell you exactly what they are, and when they do, you should believe them.

But not all of them do. Some of them are good at hiding it very, very well. Some of them will have multiple accounts, just to stalk you. Some of them are tech geeks, and know how to rummage around your personal information while trying to cover their tracks. Some of them might act like pillars of society until their dark machinations come to light...which, unfortunately, doesn't always happen.

Even when enough people see them for the sad little vermin they are, they will continue to claim their innocence, and act the victim--while still harassing and stalking those that reveal them.

So don't believe everything you read, and everything you hear. Don't let yourself get sucked into the bright lights of a shining pillar. You'll wake up with a headache, wondering what the hell you just walked into, and how you could've missed it in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. oh yes. Definitely been there. And yet, I still believe first, and question way later....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, in a way, we all do.
    I'm going to coin the phrase "Pillar Predator": That pillar of the community who comes across all straight-laced and clean, but is really a sick predator.

    ReplyDelete