Friday, November 23, 2012

I Think I'm Supposed to Make Some Kind of Reference to Fish?

I'm been seeing this phrase crop up more and more, "so long, and thanks for all the fish." I didn't understand why so many people were using it, until I finally looked it up and read it's a quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I didn't realize this quote was so famous. I didn't realize so many people I know read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, either. You learn something every day.

Moving on to my main point, the reason why I've been seeing it so often lately is because a lot of people are saying goodbye in one form or another. People are leaving Fetlife, people are leaving twitter, people are shutting down their blogs...and some people are disappearing online completely. Which, you know, I get. Having an online presence, regardless of what form, can be mentally draining, even when everything's going fine. Add some drama to that, and you've got a shitstorm of fucktitude. 

Fast forward to this morning, when I'm finally (finally!!) trying to catch up on my blog reading, and as I'm going down my list, I find many blogs gone. POOF. Closed. 

I don't know for how long some of these blogs have been gone. I'm sorry I'm just noticing now. 

But I would like to give them a fond farewell. So as we say goodbye to the following blogs, let's wish them al the best, and hope these bloggers have safe journey on their travels:

Novice Nancy
_sub_girl
Sir Stompsalot
Sarah Bella Fina

I obviously have to update my blog roll.
Which means...

IF YOU HAVE A BLOG, TUMBLR ACCOUNT, OR WEBSITE YOU WANT ME TO ADD TO MY LIST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. 

I like sharing the link love. I think it's a simple, easy way to support fellow bloggers. So add your blog in the comments section, and I'll put you up.

Edited to add: Bloglist has been updated. If you want your blog/site added, please email me at this point. Also, if you want your twitter account added to your blogsite, let me know about that, too. 

8 comments:

  1. I added your site to my blogroll as well! :D

    http://www.geekinmereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a lurker in the shadows. I'd love to be linked. My blog: Journey to the Darkside - http://darkside-journey.blogspot.ca/

    Thank you!
    Biggest hugs,
    padme amidala

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

    I liked the imagery of a shitstorm of fuckitude. Great use of the English language.

    My blog is http://sirqandme.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am honored to already be on your blog roll, so I won't comment on that, but yes, people seem to come and go quite a bit around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the ones who disappear with a whisper that I worry about..

    I was initially worried you were out of here.

    (and, you would probably like the Guide)

    ReplyDelete