Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kink Meme Day 16

"What are the most difficult aspects of having a sexuality that involves kink or BDSM for you personally?"

First of all, I don't like the way this question is worded. I don't "have a sexuality." I am sexual, just like every other person on this planet. But that's just my snarkiness coming through.

I think the hardest thing for me is dealing with the general idea society feeds people, especially women like me, that if you enjoy being a Sub or or being in a Domestic Discipline relationship, you're somehow anti-feminist. Nothing could be further from the truth for me. I think I'm a very strong and vocal feminist. I believe in women making their own choices, and being granted the same choices men take for granted.

If a woman chooses to be a Dom inside the bedroom or out, that is her right. And if she chooses to be a Sub, that is her right, too. Being submissive does not mean a woman is asking to be abused, or discriminated against, or exploited in any way. In fact, in some aspects BDSM empowers women, because it acknowledges that women have inherent rights they can choose to give up, choose to hand to someone else, at least for a time. Whereas misogynists, chauvinists, and sexists think women don't have any rights in the first place, and no choice in the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment