Friday, August 12, 2011

Latest Bit Of Fun: Henna

If you've ever walked around a street faire, carnival, or amusement park, you've probably seen a stand or two of people selling "Henna Tattoos."
A Henna tattoo is a temporary tattoo that is applied to the skin through a bottle with a tiny applicator. There are no needles involved; paste is carefully squeezed through the applicator onto the skin, where it sits for at least half an hour before flaking off. Once the paste is gone, the color design remains behind on the surface of the skin, darkening overnight. A henna tattoo can last up to two weeks, although it will start to fade after a few days. The intricacy (and beauty) of the design depends on the talent of the person who applies it.

The henna paste is made from henna powder and a few other ingredients like oil, sugar, and lemon juice. You can get a recipe for making your own henna, but frankly it's easier to find it pre-mixed. Many times it actually comes in an applicator bottle, but if not, you can always add your own applicator. I've even experimented with icing tips.
In America, used as a medium for fun and fashion and not really as part of a social or religious experience, henna is typically applied to arms and legs. I think this is primarily true because the person applying it is usually a stranger, not someone you know who would feel comfortable moving into "private" places, and also because henna tattoos are charged by the size, so a larger one that goes up the leg would cost significantly more.
But there is nothing wrong or dangerous about applying henna to more hidden places on the body, and that's where the fun comes in.
Husband has been marking up my whole body with henna. Well, let me rephrase that; he's not marking up areas that aren't covered by clothes. These are not designs to be seen by other people. These are marks of possession, to be seen by only him.
I have intricate handprints...on my ass.
I have swirls, lines, and dots surrounding my breasts, encircling my nipples.
I have "property of" written in beautiful script, right across my...well, I'll let you figure it out.
Getting marked on your skin is always a very personal, deep experience, connecting you to the person doing the marking in ways I can't describe. It's humbling, an ultimate relinquishment of power over your body. To me, it's an act of submission that is freeing to the soul and very, very beautiful. You are giving your entire body up to your Dom, you are showing him your very skin is his to do with as he pleases.

If he is anything like Husband, he will find this offering very attractive. Husband likes to look at the marks on my thighs and ass after a good punishment, but my skin tends to heal quickly, and in any case, I try not to deserve myself a good punishment session that often. Henna is not a punishment, but it is a sign of ownership, possession, and lasts a good while. Once the markings fade, they can be reapplied, or a brand new design can be put in its place.


Or you can try to combine henna with a punishment. Husband tried to apply a thin coat of henna paste to a paddle before using it on my bottom. The results were not pretty...but they were a heady reminder of what he had put me through, every time I saw my ass in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment